How is it already October?! I don’t understand where September went! Hopefully you had a better reading month than I did! I hardly read this month, but it’s okay because I’ve been watching some awesome shows 🙂
Now here’s what I was lucky to read!
- Play On (MIchelle Smith) 4 stars – this was a cute book. I think I liked Game On better but I still had fun reading this. Michelle Smith writes just cute, lovable guys I swear!
- Day 21 (Kass Morgan) 3 stars – I listened to this on audiobook. It was fine, still a bit slow paced. But I have fun reading this since it’s so different from the show.
- Empire of Storm [Throne of Glass #5] (Sarah J Maas) 4 stars I had so many problems with this book that I decided not to review it because all my review would turn into was a rant about how much she changed my little cupcake Dorian and I hate it 😦 but I still enjoyed this book and will read the next because I need to know what happens, but I can’t deny that this series is problematic and SJM is starting to ruin her own characters.
- This Savage Song (Victoria Schwab) 4 stars LOVE LOVE LOVE
- Everland (Wendy Spinale) DNF This was just a mess for me. Dull writing, dull characters, sexism, mediocre plot.
- Illuminae (Amie Kaufman & Jay Kristoff) 4 stars LOVE LOVE LOVE
- The Reader (Traci Chee) DNF I wanted to like this book because of the interesting plot, but it just confused me and lost me almost immediately. I didn’t like the intense obsession with the book. Or the thousand of times “This is a book” was repeated. I couldn’t connect to Sefia or other characters. Also, I thought the switching stories felt choppy. I don’t know. This was just a miss and I’m bummed.
I am kinda of bumed this month, I had two DNFs. I don’t know if it was my mood, or just the books themselves, but I could not get into them. At all.
Wow I just noticed that I only reviewed one book this month. I really need to get back into reviewing books and out of my blogging “slump”
This book was so fantastic! I was surprised how much I actually loved this book. I cannot wait for Gemina! I shouldn’t be surprised though since it was blurbed by my favorite ever, Marie Lu right on the cover! 😉
Anyway, that’s my month! Not that exciting, but hopefully this month is better. I doubt it though. Luke Cage is now on Netflix…and well you know. 🙂
until next time,