Thank you so much to Raven at Dreamy Addictions for tagging me to do the Ringing in the New Year Book Tag! What a perfect way to take a look at my reading year and share some more favorites.
- Link to the person who tagged you
- Link to the creator of the tag – Rae @ Bookmark Chronicles
- Share the tag image
- Answer the questions below
- Tag friends (or not if you don’t feel like it)
Best book and/or series that you’ve read in 2016
I am sure many people are going to be mentioning ACOMAF, but I had to include it because it blew me away. Crooked Kingdom and The Midnight Star were great finales this year and deserve so much recognition.
Definitely The Young Elites by Marie Lu, Shades of Magic by VE Schwab, Six of Crows by Leigh Bardugo,ILady Midnight by Cassandra Clare, lluminae Files by Amie Kaugman and Jay Kristoff were some of my absolute favorites
Authors that You’ve recently found and would love to read more from:
- Victora Schwab – Shades of Magic. I really wanted to start reading her Archived series. This Savage Song was another great book tat I read from her this year.
- Roshani Chokshi – The Star-Touched Queen. Though it wasn’t my favorite book of this year and was a bit disappointing when I found out it was a standalone, Chokshi’s writing captivated me.
- Tarryn Fisher – F*ck Love. I really enjoyed this book and found it a bit addicting. I need to read more books by her because she seems like an awesome person too.
- Adam Silvera – More Happy than Not. Oh my god this book was absolutely fantastic. History is All You Left Me is one of my most anticipated of 2017 now. I need more of Adam’s books!
Most anticipated book turned movie/tv show?
I am not really a fan of book adaptations because more likely than not, I am always disappointed. So I like to envision my favorite books in my head just the way I love them.
Although I am interested in seeing what they did with Everything Everything by Nicola Yoon and Ready Player One.
Name a character that you wouldn’t mind sharing a kiss with at midnight (if there is one)
Rhysand. Always Rhys. ❤
What’s on your TBR for 2017? (Top 5 will suffice if it’s an extremely long list!)
these are just a few because I am constantly adding books, but I do want to read more diverse books too in 2017. Also, I know Crystal Storm is out already but my book is on the way, so by the time I can read it it will be 2017 anyway. 😉
How many books do you hope to read in 2017?
I am not too sure yet, but I will say about 60. I don’t want to set a too high goal because I will stress myself out. I read over 100 books this year so I am satisfied. If I don’t read that next year, it’s not the end of the world. 🙂
Will you participate in the Goodreads Reading Challenge or any others (PopSugar, Read the Books You Buy, etc.)
Absolutely. the Goodreads challenge is the only challenge I am faithful to complete. I don’t do too well with readathons or other challenges because I tend to get distracted or want to read whatever I want so I can’t stick to anything but the Goodreads goal. Oops.
Any New Year’s Resolutions? (Bookish, blogging, and otherwise)
Read more diversely. Also, blog more. I definitely didn’t blog much this year and I am ashamed of myself. 😦