Please someone tell me how we are already in November? Where did October go? I was still preparing for Halloween and it’s already over?!
Well hopefully you had a great reading month! Me? Not so much. I got sick and fell into another slump. 😦 Hopefully I can get out of this quickly because I was really looking forward to reading some new releases. Altogether, my month wasn’t awful though.
- Crooked Kingom (Six of Crows #2) by Leigh Bardugo | 5 stars (ALL THE STARS) OH MY GOODNESS YOU GUYS THIS BOOK WAS LIFE! I cried my eyes out through almost the whole book. It was the perfect ending and everything was so fantastical. Bardugo keeps proving why she is one of my favorite authors. Plus there was a special appearance from one of my favorite princes ever. *heart eyes for days*
- The Girl on the Train by Paula Hawkins | 2 stars This wasn’t the best book I’ve read. I give it 2 stars for holding my attention, but the fact that I picked out the guilty killer right from start bummed me out. Plus the characters were just so unlikable. Yes, that was the point, but for me it just didn’t work. Side note: I saw the movie and thought it another trainwreck.
- The Midnight Star (The Young Elites #3) by Marie Lu | 5 stars *cue my crying* That ending though. Amirite? I am still working on my thoughts for a review, but oh gods this was beautiful! ❤
- Entwined with You (Crossfire #3) by Sylvia Day | 2 stars So much filler and new storylines that lead to nowhere (yet?). I have no idea because I don’t plan to continue. I am just pretending this ended in a HEA because I am done. I was enjoying the character development, but I just can’t take all the filler and knowing there are still 2 more books after this? Ugh.
- It Started with Goodbye by Christina June | 3 stars I thought this was cute. I actually got this book from Netgalley and was excited when I saw it was a modern Cinderella retelling. Though I saw all the parallels I wish there was a little more romance? You’ll see what I mean when I write my review. This book will be released May 9, 2017.
- The Hamilton Affair by Elizabeth Cobbs | DNF It gives me great despair that I had to DNF this one because I love all things Hamilton 😦 but I just didn’t like the writing. I couldn’t connect to Eliza or Alexander. I had to quit once they finally met and were “engaged” because it happened so fast and I didn’t even feel their supposed connection. The research was definitely there, but alas just not very good storytelling.
Well there you have it! I also read my first poetry book which I ended up loving! But since it was so short I didn’t include it.
Here’s to hoping November I can read more!
This is so hard because I want to include The Midnight Star, but it has to be Crooked Kingdom. ❤
Anyway, there you have it!
What was your favorite book in October?
Did you read any of these too? what did you think?
until next time,