Where do I even start with this review? I can tell you right now it’s going to be very “professional” and more of a blubbering mess because that’s exactly what I am!!
First of all, this book was utter perfection. I have literally not one negative thing to say about it. The way JK wrapped up the entire series into a nice pretty bow (maybe not so pretty because it was heartache after heartache) was so nicely done because everything, everything, came full circle! Absolutely everything connected so well together that I am still in awe how this amazing woman even did it! No wonder everyone bows down to her.
Now I am going into spoilery territory because like I said in my other review, I assume everyone has read the series and I am the last lone reader. So read at your discretion.
Harry really made me love him this book even more. He was so selfless and protective over this friends, maybe to a fault, that it was truly heartbreaking. He literally thinks he had to go into dangerous paths on his own because he didn’t want anymore else to get hurt because of him. His bravery is so inspiring. He didn’t even think twice when faced upon his own death. Once he founds out what he needs to do to defeat Voldy he doesn’t even hesitate! He just does! I cried my eyes out so many times over this Boy Who Lived. I just can’t deal.
I am also glad to see he still had some of his sass. Even when facing Voldy. I don’t know how many times I laughed when Voldy would say to him “Do you dare-“ and Harry just interrupts him with “Yes, I dare.” Like please shut up while I school you, RIDDLE.
Hermione, oh my god Hermione! I loved her so so so much in this book. I am not even talking about her brain or power to work through her broken heart when Ron left and how determined she was to keep going to make sure they found the Horcruxes, but her strength and quick reflexes while in battle! She grew so much over the series. She started taking down Death Eaters and taking names! GO HERMIONE! YOU GO GIRL.
Plus, I may or may not have cried when Ron wanted to save all the house elves and Hermione just laid one on him! ❤
Though it was a little frustrating when Harry had a clear gut instinct that they had to go to Godric’s Hollow or search for the Deathly Hallows and Hermione kept trying to talking him out of it because “if Dumbledore knew about them why didn’t he just tell you, Harry?” Umm..maybe because Dumbledore never told Harry ANYTHING, HERMIONE! Maybe because of that! When did he ever actually tell him straight out what to do. He left Harry figure things out for himself so he knew the risks and was able to make up his mind about what he needed to do.
Before this “review” gets too long I will make a quick list of everything that I enjoyed.
- The Deathly Hallows and how they tied into the overall story.
- The Elder Wand and wandlore behind how to retrieve it.
- DUMBLEDORE’S PAST!!! Oh god, my heart literally cannot take it!
- Harry’s struggles to believe Dumbledore was the man he thought and still was “Dumbledore’s man through and through” regardless of what his past showed.
- Dumbledore and Grindelwald. Oh lordy XD
- The Horcruxes! It was so interesting to see what objects Voldy used and where he hid them. I never felt bored once while we were searching for them.
- Neville! ❤ ❤ ❤ ❤ He was almost a completely different person. So brave
- The Prince’s Tale. I am not crying I am not crying I am not crying
- Remus asking Harry to be Teddy’s godfather. 😥
- THE BATTLE OF HOGWARTS!!!
- Molly vs. Bellatrix
- Harry’s meeting with Dumbledore at King’s Cross. Seriously, Jo? as if my eyes weren’t already burning from all these tears!
- The Resurrection Stone and Harry’s parents and Remus and Sirius. :”(
- HARRY VS VOLDEMORT!!!!
Seriously, I could go on forever but I won’t because I know you know how bloody brilliant this book and series is. I don’t even know how many times I actually had to physically walk away from this book because of how much I was crying. During every emotional scene or death I had to get up and go do something else. This book was heavy on my heart and I don’t think I can get over it.
Overall, I am so glad I finally decided to read this series and feel I am a better reader now because of these books. With that being said…
That’s a wrap on Harry Potter!
Harry Potter series reviews:
- Harry Potter and the Sorcerer’s Stone
- Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets
- Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban
- Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire
- Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix
- Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince
Until next time,